Australia’s COVID-19 vaccination program is underway, prioritising with those most at risk in our community.
Like all other medical centres, we are under strict instructions from the government to prioritise the elderly, vulnerable and other high-risk patients.
Adults who qualify for Stage 2a are now eligible to be vaccinated.
Stage 2a includes the following:
- Adults over 50 years
- Continue vaccinating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults
- Other critical and high-risk workers.
Please understand that every clinic will be issued a limited number of doses each week and it will take several weeks for each group to be vaccinated.
All Australians will have the opportunity to receive the vaccine. To see which stage it will become available for you please see the government’s eligibility checker.
Summary – What You Need to Know:
- Your Eastbrooke Clinic is an Approved Vaccination Hub – Eastbrooke satisfied strict criteria by government health authorities to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Vaccine is Safe – The vaccine has passed rigorous testing and has therefore been approved by Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia.
- The Vaccine Will Be Available to Anyone Who Wants it – The Government has secured sufficient vaccinations for ALL Australian residents. This includes the ability to produce supplies of the vaccine here in Australia.
- The Vaccine is Free – The Australian Government will pay for the cost of vaccination.
- Only those who qualify for Stage 1b should contact us at this stage. Limited supplies mean we must be strict about vaccinating priority patients only. When it is your turn or if supplies are available to more patients, Eastbrooke will keep you informed.
Anyone concerned about the vaccination and its effect on underlying health conditions should consult with their GP.