Pharmacy is not just about filling prescriptions. it is about promoting health awareness and contributing to the betterment of the community.
Pharmacists can offer the following services:
- prepare or supervise the dispensing of medicines, ointments and tablets
- advise patients on how their medicines are to be taken or used in the safest and most effective way in the treatment of common ailments
- advise members of the public and other health professionals about medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter medicines), including appropriate selection, dosage and drug interactions, potential side effects and therapeutic effects
- select, give advice on and supply non-prescription medicine, sickroom supplies and other products
- develop legally recognised standards, and advise on government controls and regulations concerning the manufacture and supply of medicines
- work in the research and development of medicines and other health-related products
- be involved in the management of pharmaceutical companies.
Pharmacies with qualified pharmacists are part of our medical centres in Blacktown, Bowral, Carlton, Belmont and Essendon North.